In the past year, every business has seen its IT infrastructure take a massive turn and many now appreciate the fact that looking after your business IT demands is not a task for the feint of heart.
This time last year, no one would have thought that working from home would be the norm, even something that is almost being forced upon us. Many businesses have coped, after all it was something that we all believed would only be here for a short period. Unfortunately, though that has not been the case. Especially now that Swindon has just been placed into Tier 4 for the foreseeable.
Our previous updates have been about how to work from home safely, but now, you may want to be looking at how you can ensure that whilst working at home, your team as being as efficient as possible. This is where Systems Integration, can fully support your IT requirements
Why Do Businesses in Swindon Need IT Support?
The top 3 reasons we have found previously, for businesses in Swindon and Wiltshire outsourcing their IT were:
- Their IT systems are too slow and they would like to bring in updated, faster and more secure technology.
- They’re concerned about GDPR, ransomware, and cybercriminals.
- They value business continuity and would like their IT support to be proactive and not reactive.
When businesses outsource their IT support, they find that they are able to free up more internal IT resources (so they can focus on cash generation tasks). It also removes one aspect of worry. When working with ourselves, you can even go a step further and outsource the management of your entire network infrastructure, this includes IT support for those that are WFH. Have you got a system in place to assist remote workers? This is often overlooked, but not if you have Systems Integration on your side. We are your remote helpdesk.
One other reason you may consider outsourcing your IT support is due to compliance. Over the past few years, we’ve experienced an increase in businesses looking to ‘audit’ their suppliers as part of their own internal cybersecurity program. What does this mean for you? Well, you could be faced with problems if your IT Structure does not comply with any new business who you’re looking to work with (and even existing businesses who have updated their cybersecurity policy). Many businesses now will only work with you are adhering to all the latest IT and security requirements.
By working with an MSP (managed service provider) you can agree to include a certain level of cybersecurity within your contract, such as antivirus, firewalls and network vulnerability scans. This is now even more prevalent with half your team working from home using their own WiFi – Are they safe and how do you ensure your clients that their information being seen on these domestic broadbands is secure?
How Can Systems Integration Help?
As a Manged Service Provider, we adhere to the SLA (Service level agreement) you agreed to in your IT contract. Now, this can involve many different features, which are all built around your own business’s needs.
Most IT support will focus on a proactive approach vs a reactive approach to your IT systems. This is important for you because it ultimately means less downtime and no unwanted surprises – which could critically halt your operations.
By being proactive, we will monitor your systems remotely, patch updates for you when no one is in the office ,and catch internal problems immediately – before they have the opportunity to disrupt your business.
You may have gotten away with a more ‘relaxed’ reactive approach to IT in the past. This is ultimately a bad idea in modern times. With GDPR and data breaches, your company could be hit with a punitive fine of up to £17m, or 4% of your global turnover (whichever is greater).
Lastly, you’ll typically have a different level of support staff you can lean upon for help.
Typically, you’ll have 1st line technicians who will support you remotely, and 2nd line technicians who’ll visit you onsite when necessary. This gives you the benefits of an IT team, without the costs.
Each IT Support contract with Systems Integration will come with a certain level of SLA, which will be built around your own unique business needs. This can include services such as:
- Hosted & Cloud Infrastructure (outsource your IT systems so you operate on the latest, fastest and most secure technology)
- Application management
- Business process management
- Patch updates
- Network security
- IT Support for common problems or on boarding new staff
- Cybersecurity & Risk management
- Consultancy for larger projects
If our business teams up with Systems Integration, can we get rid of our inhouse IT team?
We would say no. At Systems Integration, we always try to take the position of complimenting your current structure, rather than replacing them. This allows your own internal IT team to focus their attention on revenue generation tasks, such as app dev projects or cloud initiatives. We are there in the background ensuring they have the systems in place to do this vital work.
We are looking to get IT support. Why should we choose Systems Integration?
If you’re thinking about outsourcing your IT Support Swindon and Wiltshire. Then naturally, we’re going to recommend you contact us and here’s why:
- 20+ years in the business with over 50 local clients.
- Over 30+ 5 star reviews on Google from Businesses we have assisted
- We approach your business with growth in mind. This means as your business grows and faces new challenges; we are already prepared to help you.
- We provide you with enterprise level expertise (without the cost) so you can feel assured you’re receiving the right technology, advice and level of service you require.
- We tailor the IT support packages you need to suit your business – in other words, we offer bespoke packages to assist you, now matter how big or small your firm is.
- We’re in a position to visit you onsite fast should you receive any trouble or require immediate assistance.
Think we can help? Then please feel free to contact the Systems Integration team and let us, help you tackle 2023…